The knife is the most permanent, the most immortal, the most ingenious of man’s creations. The knife was a guillotine; the knife is a universal means of resolving all knots…
Is it not clear, however, that bliss and envy are the numerator and denominator of the fraction called happiness?
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Edith Wharton American Novelist, Short-story Writer
- George Gershwin American Composer
- H. P. Lovecraft American Science-fiction Writer
- Jagadish Chandra Bose Indian Physicist, Botanist
- Ernest Rutherford New Zealand-born Physicist
- Elihu Root American Statesman
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky Russian Novelist
- Vladimir Nabokov Russian-born American Novelist
- Anton Chekhov Russian Short Story Writer
- Leo Tolstoy Russian Novelist