I trust it will not be giving away professional secrets to say that many readers would be surprised, perhaps shocked, at the questions which some newspaper editors will put to a defenseless woman under the guise of flattery.
Topics: Authors & Writing
But the beginning of things, of a world especially, is necessarily vague, tangled, chaotic, and exceedingly disturbing.
She missed him the days when some pretext served to take him away from her, just as one misses the sun on a cloudy day without having thought much about the sun when it was shining.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Cynthia Ozick American Novelist, Essayist
- Flannery O’Connor American Novelist
- Anne Rice American Author
- Margaret Mitchell American Novelist
- Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis American First Lady
- Edith Wharton American Novelist, Short-story Writer
- Amy Tan Chinese-American Novelist
- Carol Shields Canadian Author, Academic
- Dorothy Bryant American Novelist
- Lydia Davis American Author