Whatever comes out of despair cannot bear the title of valor, which should be lifted up to such a height, that holding all things under itself, it should be able to maintain its greatness, even in the midst of miseries.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Dante Gabriel Rossetti British Poet, Artist
- Edward Lear English Humorist, Illustrator
- Maurice Baring British Author
- Eden Phillpotts English Author, Poet, Dramatist
- George Meredith British Novelist, Poet
- Thomas Hardy English Novelist, Poet
- Ford Madox Ford English Novelist, Poet, Critic
- Thomas Browne English Author, Physician
- Francis Drake English Military Leader
- William McIlvanney Scottish Novelist, Poet