Awake, my soul! stretch every nerve, And press with vigour on; A heavenly race demands thy zeal, And an immortal crown.
Let us live while we live.
Topics: Life and Living
Live while you live, the epicure would say, and seize the pleasures of the passing day.—Live while you live, the sacred preacher cries, and give to God each moment as it flies.—Lord, in my views, let both united be. I live in pleasure while I live to thee.
Topics: Time Management, Life
The difference between rising at five and seven o’clock in the morning, for forty years, supposing a man to go to bed at the same hour at night, is nearly equivalent to the addition of ten years to a man’s life.
If nobody loves you, be sure it is your own fault.
He is the wisest and happiest man, who, by constant attention of thought discovers the greatest opportunity of doing good, and breaks through every opposition that he may improve these opportunities.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- John Keble English Religious Leader
- Johann Jacob Zimmermann German Nonconformist Theologian
- Christina Rossetti English Poet
- Isaac Watts English Hymn writer
- William Cowper English Anglican Poet
- John Wesley British Methodist Religious Leader
- Francis Drake English Military Leader
- William Cecil, 1st Baron Burghley English Political leader
- Frances Ridley Havergal English Anglican Poet
- James Montgomery English Hymn writer