One mustn’t allow acting to be like stockbroker—you must not take it just as a means of earning a living, to go down every day to do a job of work. The big thing is to combine punctuality, efficiency, good nature, obedience, intelligence, and concentration with an unawareness of what is going to happen next, thus keeping yourself available for excitement.
I think the young actor who really wants to act will find a way … to keep at it and seize every opportunity that comes along.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Alec Guinness English Actor
- Stephen Fry English Actor, Writer
- Patrick Stewart British Actor
- Peter Ustinov British Actor, Playwright
- Cedric Hardwicke English Actor
- Daniel Day-Lewis English Actor
- Richard Eyre British Director
- Laurence Olivier English Actor, Producer,, Director
- Roger Moore English Actor
- John Cleese British Comic Actor, Writer