There have been times when I have deliberately tried to take my life… I think I must have been crying for some attention.
I can live without money, but I cannot live without love.
I try to bring the audience’s own drama – tears and laughter they know about – to them.
How strange when an illusion dies, it’s as though you’ve lost a child.
We cast away priceless time in dreams, born of imagination, fed upon illusion, and put to death by reality.
If I’m such a legend, then why am I so lonely? Let me tell you, legends are all very well if you’ve got somebody around who loves you.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Liza Minnelli American Singer, Actress
- Fred Astaire American Dancer, Singer
- Shirley Temple American Actress, Diplomat
- Lena Horne American Singer, Actress
- Billie Holiday American Jazz Singer
- Doris Day American Actor
- Ella Fitzgerald American Singer, Composer
- Dolly Parton American Musician, Actress
- Frank Sinatra American Singer
- Jane Fonda American Actress