Would that there were an award for people who come to understand the concept of enough. Good enough. Successful enough. Thin enough. Rich enough. Socially responsible enough. When you have self-respect, you have enough.
Topics: Success & Failure, Self-respect
If every day is an awakening, you will never grow old. You will just keep growing.
There is no more defiant denial of one man’s ability to possess one woman exclusively than the prostitute who refuses to redeemed.
Ah, mastery … what a profoundly satisfying feeling when one finally gets on top of a new set of skills … and then sees the light under the new door those skills can open, even as another door is closing.
We hear the haunting presentiment of a dutiful middle age in the current reluctance of young people to select any option except the one they feel will impinge upon them the least.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Katherine Anne Porter American Writer
- Carl Bernstein American Journalist
- Letty Cottin Pogrebin American Writer
- Norman Cousins American Journalist
- Brenda Ueland American Journalist
- Walter Lippmann American Journalist
- Midge Decter American Journalist
- James Fallows American Journalist
- Raymond Chandler American Novelist
- Heywood Broun American Journalist