Rank and riches are chains of gold, but still chains.
Anxiety never yet successfully bridged any chasm.
Stories first heard at a mother’s knee are never wholly forgotten,—a little spring that never quite dries up in our journey through scorching years.
Selfishness, if but reasonably tempered with wisdom, is not such an evil trait.
If country life be healthful to the body, it is no less so to the mind.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Sidney Lanier American Poet
- John Galsworthy English Novelist, Playwright
- Ivan Turgenev Russian Novelist, Playwright
- Gerard de Nerval French Poet, Writer
- John Boyle O’Reilly Irish-American Journalist
- Jeremy Bentham British Philosopher, Economist
- L. Frank Baum American Writer
- Thomas Robert Malthus English Political Economist
- Wilhelm Dilthey German Philosopher
- Emile Zola French Novelist