The stupidity of a stupid man is mercifully intimate and reticient, while the stupidity of an intellectual is cried from the rooftops.
I am an optimist, unrepentant and militant. After all, in order not to be a fool an optimist must know how sad a place the world can be. It is only the pessimist who finds this out anew every day.
To refuse awards is another way of accepting them with more noise than is normal.
If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can’t be done.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Stephen Fry English Actor, Writer
- Richard Eyre British Director
- John Gielgud British Actor, Director
- Douglas Adams British Author
- Bryan Forbes English Actor, Film Director
- Ben Elton English Comedian, Writer
- Tim Robbins American Actor, Director
- Hanif Kureishi British Novelist, Screenwriter
- Dennis Potter English Dramatist
- Roger Moore English Actor