Games are a compromise between intimacy and keeping intimacy away.
A loser doesn’t know what he’ll do if he loses, but talks about what he’ll do if he wins, and a winner doesn’t talk about what he’ll do if he wins, but knows what he’ll do if he loses.
Each person designs his own life, freedom gives him the power to carry out his own designs, and power gives the freedom to interfere with the designs of others.
Topics: Choices, Choice, Design
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Jean Anouilh French Playwright
- Walter Reuther American Labor Leader
- Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar Indian-American Astrophysicist
- Dominique Pire Belgian Dominican Priest
- Eknath Easwaran Indian Meditation Teacher, Author
- Gene Moore American Designer, Window Dresser
- Harold S. Geneen American Businessman
- Gloria Stuart American Actress
- John Kenneth Galbraith American Economist
- Art Linkletter Canadian-born American Radio Personality