This is the canon that will mkae Italy free.
I offer neither pay, nor quarters, nor food; I offer only hunger, thirst, forced marches, battles and death. Let him who loves his country with his heart, and not merely with his lips, follow me.
Topics: Heroes, Heroes/Heroism, Heroism
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Sidney Lanier American Poet
- John Galsworthy English Novelist, Playwright
- Ivan Turgenev Russian Novelist, Playwright
- Mikhail Bakunin Russian Anarchist
- Charles de Gaulle French General, Statesman
- Gerard de Nerval French Poet, Writer
- Henry Ward Beecher American Protestant Clergyman
- John Boyle O’Reilly Irish-American Journalist
- Jeremy Bentham British Philosopher, Economist
- L. Frank Baum American Writer