This is the canon that will mkae Italy free.
I offer neither pay, nor quarters, nor food; I offer only hunger, thirst, forced marches, battles and death. Let him who loves his country with his heart, and not merely with his lips, follow me.
Topics: Heroes, Heroes/Heroism
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Henry Ward Beecher American Protestant Clergyman
- Walt Whitman American Poet
- Giuseppe Mazzini Italian Revolutionary
- Klemens Wenzel, Prince von Metternich Austrian Political leader
- Richard Wagner German Composer
- Friedrich Engels German Socialist Political Philosopher
- Charles de Gaulle French General, Statesman
- Marquis de Sade French Political leader
- Emile Zola French Novelist
- Gerard de Nerval French Poet, Writer