In me the tiger sniffs the rose.
In me past, present, future meet—to hold long chiding conference. My lusts usurp the present tense— and strangle reason in his seat.
Soldiers are sworn to action; they must win Some flaming, fatal climax with their lives. Soldiers are dreamers; when the guns begin They think of firelit homes, clean beds, and wives.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- G. K. Chesterton English Journalist
- Coventry Patmore English Poet
- Edith Sitwell British Poet
- J. R. R. Tolkien British Philologist, Writer
- Anthony Powell English Novelist
- Evelyn Waugh British Novelist, Satirist
- Francis Thompson English Poet
- John Dryden English Poet
- B. H. Liddell Hart English Military Journalist, Historian
- J. B. Priestley British Novelist, Playwright, Essayist