There are good hearts to serve men in palaces as in cottages.
Finding that no religion is based on facts and cannot be true, I began to reflect what must be the condition of mankind trained from infancy to believe in error.
To preserve permanent good health, the state of mind must be taken into consideration.
To train and educate the rising generation will at all times be the first object of society, to which every other will be subordinate.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Friedrich Hayek British Economist, Social Philosopher
- Beilby Porteus Bishop of London
- Jeannette Rankin American Politician
- Jane Addams American Social Reformer
- Bertrand A. Russell British Philosopher, Mathematician
- Havelock Ellis British Sexologist
- F. H. Bradley British Idealist Philosopher
- John Stuart Mill English Philosopher, Economist
- Benjamin Whichcote British Anglican Priest
- David Hume Scottish Philosopher, Historian