There was an Old Man with a beard,
Who said, ‘It is just as I feared! –
Two Owls and a Hen,
Four Larks and a Wren,
Have all built their nests in my beard!’
When first born we cry for coming into this stage of fools.
I was much distressed by next door people who had twin babies and played the violin; but one of the twins died, and the other has eaten the fiddle – so all is peace.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Dante Gabriel Rossetti British Poet, Artist
- Laurence Housman English Novelist, Dramatist
- Thomas Hardy English Novelist, Poet
- Charles Dickens English Novelist
- J. R. R. Tolkien British Philologist, Writer
- Eden Phillpotts English Author, Poet, Dramatist
- Matthew Arnold English Poet, Critic
- Beatrix Potter British Children’s Author
- A. E. Housman English Scholar, Poet
- Terry Pratchett English Fantasy Writer