I think the hardest thing is losing weight. That’s the hardest thing more than anything else.
Trying to grow up is hurting, you know. You make mistakes. You try to learn from them, and when you don’t, it hurts even more.
If a song’s about something I’ve experienced or that could’ve happened to me it’s good. But if it’s alien to me, I couldn’t lend anything to it. Because that’s what soul is all about.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Ella Fitzgerald American Singer, Composer
- Billie Holiday American Jazz Singer
- Charles Mingus American Jazz Bassist, Composer
- B. B. King American Blues Musician
- Fred Astaire American Dancer, Singer
- Ray Charles American Singer
- Barbra Streisand American Musician
- Dolly Parton American Musician, Actress
- Doris Day American Actor
- Madonna American Pop Singer, Actress