The birds have vanished into the sky, and now the last cloud drains away. We sit together, the mountain and me, until only the mountain remains.
Since water still flows, though we cut it with swords
And sorrow returns, though we drown it with a wine,
Since the world can in no way answer to our craving,
I will loosen my hair tomorrow and take to a fishing boat.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Jianzhi Sengcan Chinese-Buddhist Monk
- Laozi Chinese Philosopher
- Lin Yutang Chinese Author, Philologist
- Sun Tzu Chinese Military Leader
- Confucius Chinese Philosopher
- Zhuang Zhou Chinese Taoist Philosopher
- Mao Zedong Chinese Statesman
- Lu Xun Chinese Writer
- Cao Xueqin Chinese Writer
- Master Sheng-Yen Chinese Buddhist Monk