So, we need to delegitimize the nuclear weapon, and by de-legitimizing… meaning trying to develop a different system of security that does not depend on nuclear deterrence
I think it is fair to say that it is under a great deal of stress, and if I am asking for significant changes, it is because the world is going through significant changes.
We continue to have nuclear weapons relied on as a weapon of choice. If that policy were to continue, we continue to have countries who are in a security bind, if you like, or perceive themselves to be in security bind to look for acquisition of nuclear weapons
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Anwar el-Sadat Egyptian Head of State
- Elihu Root American Statesman
- Jane Addams American Social Reformer
- Charles G. Dawes American Diplomat, Politician
- Rudy Giuliani American Politician
- Herb Kelleher American Entrepreneur
- Naguib Mahfouz Egyptian Novelist
- Howard Cosell American Journalist
- Al Gore American Politician, Environmentalist
- The 14th Dalai Lama Tibetan Buddhist Religious Leader