A small but brilliant advance made today by someone’s awareness may for the moment reach a very small audience, but insofar as it’s valid and beautiful, it will make its way and become part of the whole world of consciousness. So in that sense it’s all working toward this huge audience, and all working toward a better man.
All lovely things will have an ending, All lovely things will fade and die; And youth, that’s now so bravely spending, Will beg a penny by and by.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Norman Mailer American Novelist, Journalist
- John Updike American Author
- Stanley Kunitz American Poet
- Mark Van Doren American Poet, Critic
- James Dickey American Poet, Novelist
- Stephen Vincent Benet American Poet
- Raymond Chandler American Novelist
- Wendell Berry American Author, Environmentalist
- L. Frank Baum American Writer
- Richard Wright American Novelist, Short-Story Writer