What counts in sports is not the victory, but the magnificence of the struggle.
Success without honor is an unseasoned dish; it will satisfy your hunger, but it won’t taste good.
The minute you think you’ve got it made, disaster is just around the corner.
Topics: Success is not everything
The will to win is important, but the will to prepare is vital.
You need to play with supreme confidence, or else you’ll lose again, and then losing becomes a habit.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Vince Lombardi American Football Coach
- Yogi Berra American Sportsperson
- Mario Andretti Italian-born American Sportsperson
- Mike Ditka American Sportsperson
- Michael Jordan American Sportsperson
- Tommy Prothro American Football Coach
- Woody Hayes American Sportsperson
- Bear Bryant American Sportsperson
- Babe Ruth American Baseball Player
- Tiger Woods American Sportsperson