Our masks, always in peril of smearing or cracking, in need of continuous check in the mirror or silverware, keep us in thrall to ourselves, concerned with our surfaces.
Topics: Faces, Face
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Mark Van Doren American Poet, Critic
- Alice Walker American Novelist, Activist
- Joyce Carol Oates American Novelist
- Mark Strand American Poet, Essayist
- Grace Paley American Author
- Maya Angelou American Poet
- Clarissa Pinkola Estes American Poet
- Charlotte Perkins Gilman American Feminist, Writer
- Audre Lorde American Poet, Feminist
- Lucille Clifton American Poet