No matter how good you are, you’re going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you’re going to win one-third of your games. It’s the other third that makes the difference
The best possible thing in baseball is winning the World Series. The second best thing is losing the World Series
Baseball is like driving, it’s the one who gets home safely that counts
When we lose, I eat. When we win, I eat. I also eat when we’re rained out.
Managing is like holding a dove in your hand. Squeeze too hard and you kill it, not hard enough and it flies away.
The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man’s determination.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Casey Stengel American Sportsperson
- Johnny Bench American Sportsperson
- Satchel Paige American Baseball Player
- Bill Veeck American Sportsperson
- Henepola Gunaratana Sri Lankan Buddhist Monk
- Neil Simon American Playwright
- Henry Kaufman American Economic, Financial Consultant
- Catherine Ponder American Clergywoman
- Rosalynn Carter American Humanitarian, First Lady
- Leontyne Price American Soprano