It is good to realize that if love and peace can prevail on earth, and if we can teach our children to honor nature’s gifts, the joys and beauties of the outdoors will be here forever.
Topics: Nature, Beauty, Vision, Peace
Well, as you know, there are many things in life that are not fair, that wealthy people can afford and poor people can’t. But I don’t believe that the Federal Government should take action to try to make these opportunities exactly equal, particularly when there is a moral factor involved.
Everyone who has run knows that its most important value is in removing tension and allowing a release from whatever other cares the day may bring.
I thought a lot about our Nation and what I should do as President. And Sunday night before last, I made a speech about two problems of our countryenergy and malaise.
Our decision about energy will test the character of the American people and the ability of the President and the Congress to govern this Nation. This difficult effort will be the moral equivalent of war, except that we will be uniting our efforts to build and not to destroy.
According to Gandhi, “the seven sins are wealth without works, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, worship without sacrifice, and politics without principle.” Well, Hubert Humphrey may have sinned in the eyes of God, as we all do, but according to those definitions of Gandhi’s, it was Hubert Humphrey without sin.
Wherever life takes us, there are always moments of wonder.
Globalization is a policy, not an act of God
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Ronald Reagan American Head of State
- Lyndon B. Johnson American Head of State
- Bill Clinton American Head of State
- George H. W. Bush American Head of State
- John F. Kennedy American Head of State
- Richard Nixon American Head of State
- Theodore Roosevelt American Head of State
- Woodrow Wilson American Head of State
- Dwight D. Eisenhower American Head of State
- Franklin D. Roosevelt American Head of State