And for man to look upon himself as a capital good, even if it did not impair his freedom, may seem to debase him… by investing in themselves, people can enlarge the range of choice available to them. It is one way free men can enhance their welfare.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Milton Friedman American Economist
- Henry Steele Commager American Historian
- George P. Shultz American Economist
- Paul Samuelson American Economist
- Saul Bellow Canadian-born American Novelist
- Friedrich Hayek British Economist, Social Philosopher
- Jane Addams American Social Reformer
- Charles G. Dawes American Diplomat, Politician
- Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar Indian-American Astrophysicist
- Robert Andrews Millikan American Physicist