If you stop to be kind, you must swerve often from your path.
The past is only the present become invisible and mute; and because it is invisible and mute, its memorized glances and its murmurs are infinitely precious. We are tomorrow’s past.
Topics: The Past, Past
To many women marriage is only this. It is merely a physical change impinging on their ordinary nature, leaving their mentality untouched, their self-possession intact. They are not burnt by even the red fire of physical passion – far less by the white fire of love.
We are tomorrow’s past.
Nature’s music is never over; her silences are pauses, not conclusions.
The divine egoism hat is genius.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Hartley Coleridge English Writer
- John Masefield English Poet
- Jane Austen English Novelist
- Lady Mary Wortley Montagu English Aristocrat, Poet
- Letitia Elizabeth Landon English Poet, Novelist
- Pamela Hansford Johnson English Novelist
- Ouida (Maria Louise Rame) English Novelist
- Anne Bradstreet American Poet
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning English Poet
- Christina Rossetti English Poet