If you stop to be kind, you must swerve often from your path.
The divine egoism hat is genius.
We are tomorrow’s past.
The past is only the present become invisible and mute; and because it is invisible and mute, its memorized glances and its murmurs are infinitely precious. We are tomorrow’s past.
Topics: The Past, Past
Nature’s music is never over; her silences are pauses, not conclusions.
To many women marriage is only this. It is merely a physical change impinging on their ordinary nature, leaving their mentality untouched, their self-possession intact. They are not burnt by even the red fire of physical passion – far less by the white fire of love.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Hartley Coleridge English Writer
- John Masefield English Poet
- Jane Austen English Novelist
- Lady Mary Wortley Montagu English Aristocrat, Poet
- Letitia Elizabeth Landon English Poet, Novelist
- Pamela Hansford Johnson English Novelist
- Ouida (Maria Louise Rame) English Novelist
- Anne Bradstreet American Poet
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning English Poet
- Christina Rossetti English Poet