No woman can call herself free who does not own and control her body. No woman can call herself free until she can choose consciously whether she will or will not be a mother.
Topics: Birth Control
Some lives drift here and there like reeds in a stream, depending on changing currents for their activity. Others are like swimmers knowing the depth of the water. Each stroke helps them onward to a definite objective.
Woman must not accept; she must challenge. She must not be awed by that which has been built up around her; she must reverence that woman in her which struggles for expression.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Hans Hofmann American Painter
- Victoria Woodhull American Social Reformer
- Jane Addams American Social Reformer
- Tim Robbins American Actor, Director
- Charlotte Perkins Gilman American Feminist, Writer
- Frank O’Hara American Poet, Art Critic
- Elizabeth Blackwell American Physician
- Nikola Tesla Serbian-American Inventor
- Elizabeth Cady Stanton American Social Reformer
- Alice Paul American Suffragist