A man should be able to hear, and to bear, the worst that could be said of him.
The real universe. That’s the present moment. The past is no good to us. The future is full of anxiety. Only the present is real – the here and now. Seize the day.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Philip Roth American Novelist, Short-story Writer
- A. M. Rosenthal Canadian-born American Editor
- Bernard Malamud American Novelist
- S. I. Hayakawa Canadian-born American Academic
- William Faulkner American Novelist
- Ernest Hemingway American Author
- Nelson Algren American Novelist
- Joyce Carol Oates American Novelist
- Laurence J. Peter Canadian-born American Educator
- John Steinbeck American Novelist