When something does not insist on being noticed, when we aren’t grabbed by the collar or struck on the skull by a presence or an event, we take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.
Topics: Gratitude, Blessings, Obstacles, Goals, Aspirations, Vision, Difficulty
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Annie Dillard American Writer
- Alice Walker American Novelist, Activist
- Joan Didion American Essayist, Novelist, Memoirist
- Marilynne Robinson Novelist, Essayist
- Anne Lamott American Novelist
- Amy Tan Chinese-American Novelist
- Susan Sontag American Writer, Philosopher
- Norman Mailer American Novelist
- Ernest J. Gaines American Novelist, Short-Story Writer
- Nora Ephron American Filmmaker