When something does not insist on being noticed, when we aren’t grabbed by the collar or struck on the skull by a presence or an event, we take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.
Topics: Obstacles, Difficulty, Vision, Goals, Aspirations, Gratitude, Blessings
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Norman Mailer American Novelist, Journalist
- Joyce Carol Oates American Novelist
- Maxine Hong Kingston American Novelist, Memoirist
- Annie Dillard American Writer
- Isabel Allende Chilean Novelist
- John Updike American Author
- Marilynne Robinson Novelist, Essayist
- Andre Norton American Science Fiction Writer
- Amy Tan Chinese-American Novelist
- Paul Auster American Novelist, Poet