Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.
You lose nothing when fighting for a cause … In my mind the losers are those who don’t have a cause they care about.
Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.
Religions all have different names, but they all contain the same truths. … I think the people of our religion should be tolerant and understand people believe different things.
Champions aren’t made in gyms.
Champions are made from something they have deep inside them:
A desire, a dream, a vision.
They have to have late minute stamina,
They have to be a little faster,
They have to have the skill and the will.
But the will must be stronger than the skill.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar American Basketball Player
- Malcolm X American Civil Rights Leader
- Michael Jordan American Sportsperson
- Reggie Miller American Basketball Player
- Bruce Jenner American Sportsperson
- Carly Patterson American Sportsperson
- Larry Bird American Sportsperson
- Charles Barkley American Sportsperson
- Jack Nicklaus American Sportsperson
- Arnold Palmer American Sportsperson