Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science.
Science is the one human activity that is totally progressive.
The history of astronomy is a history of receding horizons.
We do not know why we are born into the world, but we can try to find out what sort of a world it is — at least in its physical aspects.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar Indian-American Astrophysicist
- Carl Sagan American Astronomer
- Stephen Hawking English Theoretical Physicist
- Harold Urey American Chemist
- Albert Einstein German-born Theoretical Physicist
- Arthur Eddington English Astronomer
- Carol Dweck American Psychologist
- Charles Sanders Peirce American Philosopher
- Freeman Dyson American Physicist, Author
- Hyman G. Rickover American Admiral