These written laws are just like spiders’ webs; the small and feeble may be caught and entangled in them, but the rich and mighty force through and despise them.
Every man is his own chief enemy.
Play so that you may be serious.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Thales of Miletus Greek Philosopher, Mathematician
- Heraclitus Ancient Greek Philosopher
- Bias of Priene Greek Orator
- Laozi Chinese Philosopher
- Pythagoras Greek Philosopher
- Ralph Waldo Emerson American Philosopher
- Ramakrishna Paramahamsa Indian Hindu Philosopher
- Jiddu Krishnamurti Indian Philosopher
- Plotinus Ancient Greek Philosopher, Mystic
- Francis Bacon English Philosopher