Each person is an idiom… an apparent violation of the syntax of the species.
So many tangles in life are ultimately hopeless that we have no appropriate sword other than laughter.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Norman Mailer American Novelist, Journalist
- Henry Adams American Historian
- Duke Ellington American Musician
- Maria Mitchell American Astronomer
- Leonard Bernstein American Composer, Conductor
- Edward Everett Hale American Unitarian Clergyman
- Hilary Putnam American Philosopher
- Edward Everett American Politician
- Charles Sanders Peirce American Philosopher
- Daniel C. Dennett American Philosopher, Atheist