A little while when I am gone
My life will live in music after me,
As spun foam lifted and borne on
After the wave is lost in the full sea.
A while these nights and days will burn
In song with the bright frailty of foam,
Living in light before they turn
Back to the nothingness that is their home.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Mark Van Doren American Poet, Critic
- Marianne Moore American Poet
- Sylvia Plath American Poet, Novelist
- Gwendolyn Brooks American Poet, Educator
- Carolyn Kizer American Poet
- Maya Angelou American Poet
- Annie Dillard American Writer
- Alice Walker American Novelist, Activist
- Clarissa Pinkola Estes American Poet
- Carol Shields Canadian Author, Academic