History is the ship carrying living memories to the future
When a child, my dreams rode on your wishes, I was your son, high on your horse, My mind a top whipped by the lashes Of your rhetoric, windy of course.
There is a certain justice in criticism. The critic is like a midwife—a tyrannical midwife.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Herbert Beerbohm Tree English Actor-Manager
- Peter Ustinov British Actor, Playwright
- Jonathan Miller English Stage Director
- Anthony Hopkins Welsh-American Actor
- Richard Eyre British Director
- Arthur C. Clarke English Science-fiction Writer
- Max Beerbohm British Humorist
- Peter Medawar British Immunologist, Writer
- Virginia Woolf English Novelist
- Arthur Wing Pinero English Playwright