I’ve dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas; they’ve gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the color of my mind.
Topics: Ideas, Dreams, Thought
The tyrant grinds down his slaves and they don’t turn against him, they crush those beneath them.
I’ll walk where my own nature would be leading; it vexes me to choose another guide.
Love is like the wild-rose briar;
Friendship is like the holly-tree.
The holly is dark when the rose briar blooms,
But which will bloom most constantly?
Topics: Friendship, Friends and Friendship
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Anne Bronte English Novelist, Poet
- Charlotte Bronte English Novelist, Poet
- George Eliot (Mary Anne Evans) English Novelist
- Ouida (Maria Louise Rame) English Novelist
- Mary Elizabeth Braddon English Novelist
- Charles Reade British Author
- Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie English Novelist, Biographer
- Dorothy L. Sayers English Novelist, Playwright
- Thomas Hardy English Novelist, Poet
- Elizabeth Gaskell English Novelist