I’ve dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas; they’ve gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the color of my mind.
Topics: Thought, Ideas, Dreams
I’ll walk where my own nature would be leading; it vexes me to choose another guide.
The tyrant grinds down his slaves and they don’t turn against him, they crush those beneath them.
Love is like the wild-rose briar;
Friendship is like the holly-tree.
The holly is dark when the rose briar blooms,
But which will bloom most constantly?
Topics: Friends and Friendship, Friendship
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Anne Bronte English Novelist, Poet
- Charlotte Bronte English Novelist, Poet
- George Eliot (Mary Anne Evans) English Novelist
- Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie English Novelist, Biographer
- Thomas Hardy English Novelist, Poet
- George Orwell English Novelist, Essayist, Journalist
- George Meredith British Novelist, Poet
- Charles Dickens English Novelist
- Jane Austen English Novelist
- William Makepeace Thackeray English Novelist