There is this long, wonderful history of the human race written in blood. We have this tendency to just take what we want. And that’s how we treat the natural world as well. There’s this sense of we’re here, we’re big, we’ve got the guns, we’ve got the technology, therefore we’re entitled to every damn thing on this planet. That’s not how it works and we’re going to find out the hard way if we don’t kind of wise up and start seeking a life that’s in balance with the natural life on Earth.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Robertson Davies Canadian Novelist, Playwright
- Tim Robbins American Actor, Director
- Steven Spielberg American Film Director
- Cecil B. DeMille American Filmmaker
- Steven Pinker Canadian Psychologist
- George Lucas American Filmmaker
- Alice Munro Canadian Writer
- Clint Eastwood American Film Director
- Ang Lee Taiwanese Film Director, Screenwriter
- Joni Mitchell Canadian Singer, Songwriter