It’s not our disadvantages or shortcomings that are ridiculous, but rather the studious way we try to hide them and our desire to act as if they did not exist.
Topics: Self-Knowledge, Awareness
I get up and I bless the light thin clouds and the first twittering of birds, and the breathing air and smiling face of the hills.
The end of pain we take as happiness.
No human trait deserves less tolerance in everyday life, and gets less, than intolerance.
He who has the courage to laugh is almost as much a master of the world as he who is ready to die.
You can be happy indeed if you have breathing space from pain.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Metastasio Italian Poet
- Antonio Porchia Italian Poet
- Thomas Aquinas Italian Catholic Priest
- Italo Calvino Italian Novelist, Writer
- Dante Alighieri Italian Poet, Philosopher
- Petrarch Italian Scholar
- Benito Mussolini Italian Head of State
- Miguel de Unamuno Spanish Philosopher, Writer
- William Hazlitt English Essayist
- Moshe Chaim Luzzatto Italian Jewish Rabbi