Romance is the glamour which turns the dust of everyday life into a golden haze.
Nice feelings are for people who have money to live as they please. If I had ten thousand a year, or even five, I would snap my fingers at all men, and say, ‘No, I make my life as I choose, and shall cultivate knowledge and books, and indulge in beautiful ideas of honor and exalted sentiments, and perhaps one day succumb to a noble passion.
The minds of some human beings are as moles, grubbing in the earth for worms. They have no eyes to see God’s sky with the stars in it.
He had that nameless charm, WITH a strong magnetism, which can only be called “It.”
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Jackie Collins English Romance Novelist
- Elizabeth Goudge English Novelist
- Anita Brookner English Novelist, Art Historian
- Joan Aiken British Fantasy Writer
- Rosamond Lehmann English Novelist
- Barbara Cartland English Romantic Novelist
- Dorothy L. Sayers English Novelist, Playwright
- Frances Hodgson Burnett British Novelist, Playwright
- Zadie Smith (b.1975) English Novelist, Essayist, Short-story Writer
- A. S. Byatt English Novelist, Poet