Reading is an escape, an education, a delving into the brain of another human being on such an intimate level that every nuance of thought, every snapping of synapse, every slippery desire of the author is laid open before you like, well, a book.
Prune these alleged friends ruthlessly from your life. You need all the positive reinforcement you can get. You need friends who think you’re fabulous, an angel in human shape, and a breath of springtime.
When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap.
Topics: Creativity, Imagination, Fools, Acting
You never get anywhere until you figure out the difference between passion and compassion.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Dorothy Bryant American Novelist
- Maya Angelou American Poet
- Carrie Fisher American Actress
- Zora Neale Hurston American Novelist
- Jean Kerr Irish-American Writer
- Marjorie Kellogg American Author
- Carson McCullers American Novelist
- Betty Smith American Author
- Joyce Carol Oates American Novelist
- Evelyn Scott American Novelist