Lawlessness is lawlessness. Anarchy is anarchy is anarchy. Neither race nor color nor frustration is an excuse for either lawlessness or anarchy.
I have a lifetime appointment and I intend to serve it. I expect to die at 110, shot by a jealous husband.
A child born to a Black mother in a state like Mississippi has exactly the same rights as a white baby born to the wealthiest person in the United States. It’s not true, but I challenge anyone to say it is not a goal worth working for.
Topics: Race, Racism
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Hyman G. Rickover American Admiral
- Duke Ellington American Musician
- Michael DeBakey American Surgeon
- Sandra Day O’Connor American Jurist
- Colin Powell American Military Leader
- Richard Wright American Novelist, Short-Story Writer
- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr. American Jurist, Author
- Hugo Black American Politician
- Langston Hughes American Poet, Writer
- John Kenneth Galbraith American Economist