We are the music makers,
We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams-
World-losers and world-forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers
Of the world forever, it seems.
Topics: Creativity, Music
One man with a dream, at pleasure,
Shall go forth and conquer a crown,
And three with a new song’s measure,
Can trample an empire down.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Edward Lear English Humorist, Illustrator
- Richard Chenevix Trench Irish Archbishop, Poet
- Philip Sidney English Soldier, Poet, Courtier
- William McIlvanney Scottish Novelist, Poet
- Thomas Hardy English Novelist, Poet
- Ford Madox Ford English Novelist, Poet, Critic
- George Meredith British Novelist, Poet
- Eden Phillpotts English Author, Poet, Dramatist
- Dante Gabriel Rossetti British Poet, Artist
- Maurice Baring British Author