If one benefits tangibly from the exploitation of others who are weak, is one morally implicated in their predicament? Or are basic rights of human existence confined to the civilized societies that are wealthy enough to afford them? Our values are defined by what we will tolerate when it is done to others.
Topics: Life, Ideas, Control
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Arthur Brisbane American Editor
- Frank Moore Colby American Writer, Editor
- Sheryl Sandberg American Executive, Author
- Frank Deford American Sportswriter
- Abbie Hoffman American Political Activist
- Milton Friedman American Economist
- Robert Reich American Economist, Political Commentator
- Jonathan Safran Foer American Novelist
- Carl Bernstein American Journalist
- Maureen Dowd American Columnist