If you look to lead, invest at least 40% of your time managing yourself – your ethics, character, principles, purpose, motivation, and conduct. Invest at least 30% managing those with authority over you, and 15% managing your peers.
The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get the old ones out.
Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Michael Jordan American Sportsperson
- Rudy Giuliani American Politician
- George H. W. Bush American Head of State
- Colleen Barrett American Businessperson
- Steve Ballmer American Businessperson, Philantropist
- Herb Kelleher American Entrepreneur
- Philip H. Knight American Businessman
- Robert Kiyosaki American Businessperson
- Jack Welch American Businessperson
- Jeffrey Immelt American Businessperson