Without general elections, without freedom of the press, freedom of speech, freedom of assembly, without the free battle of opinions, life in every public institution withers away, becomes a caricature of itself, and bureaucracy rises as the only deciding factor.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Karl Marx German Philosopher, Economist
- Wilhelm Reich Austrian Psychoanalyst
- Leon Trotsky Russian Revolutionary
- Erich Fromm German Social Philosopher
- Albert Einstein German-born Theoretical Physicist
- Eric Hobsbawm British Historian
- Martin Buber Austrian Jewish Philosopher
- Arthur Koestler British Writer, Journalist
- Murray Bookchin American Political Thinker
- Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel German Philosopher