Why are we born? We’re born eventually to die, of course. But what happens between the time we’re born and we die? We’re born to live. One is a realist if one hopes.
Something was still there, that something that distinguishes an artist from a performer: the revealing of self. Here I be. Not for long, but here I be. In sensing her mortality, we sensed our own.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Betty Friedan American Feminist, Author
- George Gershwin American Composer
- Joan Didion American Essayist, Novelist, Memoirist
- Carrie Fisher American Actress
- Joseph Heller American Novelist
- Carl Sagan American Astronomer
- Kurt Vonnegut American Novelist
- Annie Dillard American Writer
- Irving Berlin American Composer
- Stephen Jay Gould American Paleontologist