Something was still there, that something that distinguishes an artist from a performer: the revealing of self. Here I be. Not for long, but here I be. In sensing her mortality, we sensed our own.
Why are we born? We’re born eventually to die, of course. But what happens between the time we’re born and we die? We’re born to live. One is a realist if one hopes.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Cynthia Ozick American Novelist, Essayist
- Henry Adams American Historian
- Arthur Rubinstein American Pianist
- Betty Friedan American Feminist, Author
- Larry King American TV Personality
- Aaron Copland American Composer
- Saul Alinsky Community Organizer
- Norman Mailer American Novelist, Journalist
- Doris Kearns Goodwin American Historian
- Howard Zinn American Historian, Activist