A racially integrated community is a chronological term timed from the entrance of the first black family to the exit of the last white family.
Change means movement. Movement means friction. Only in the frictionless vacuum of a nonexistent abstract world can movement or change occur without that abrasive friction of conflict.
As an organizer I start from where the world is, as it is, not as I would like it to be
Life is a corrupting process from the time a child learns to play his mother off against his father in the politics of when to go to bed; he who fears corruption fears life.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Arthur Rubinstein American Pianist
- Larry King American TV Personality
- Betty Friedan American Feminist, Author
- Studs Terkel American Oral Historian
- Aaron Copland American Composer
- Sidney Hook American Social Philosopher
- Milton Friedman American Economist
- Murray Bookchin American Political Thinker
- Carrie Fisher American Actress
- Joseph Heller American Novelist