I adore the theater and I am a painter. I think the two are made for a marriage of love. I will give all my soul to prove this once more.
Time is a river without banks.
Topics: Time Management
Great art picks up where nature ends.
The fingers must be educated, the thumb is born knowing.
When I am finishing a picture I hold some God-made object up to it—a rock, a flower, the branch of a tree or my hand—as a kind of final test. If the painting stands up beside a thing man cannot make, the painting is authentic. If there’s a clash between the two, it is bad art.
Art is the unceasing effort to compete with the beauty of flowers and never succeeding.
All colors are the friends of their neighbors and the lovers of their opposites.
In our lives there is a simple colour, as on an artists palatte, which provides the meaning of life and art. it is the colour of love.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Georgia O’Keeffe American Painter
- Pablo Picasso Spanish Painter
- Claude Levi-Strauss French Anthropologist
- Hans Hofmann American Painter
- Salvador Dali Spanish Painter
- Coco Chanel French Fashion Designer
- Andre Maurois French Novelist, Biographer
- Simone Weil French Philosopher, Political Activist
- Romain Gary French Diplomat
- Marcel Proust French Novelist