Not a day passes over the earth but men and women of no note do great deeds, speak great words, and suffer noble sorrows. Of these obscure heroes, philosophers, and martyrs the greater part will never be known till that hour when many that were great shall be small, and the small great.
Topics: Greatness, Character, Time Management
The joys we expect are not so bright, nor the troubles so dark as we fancy they will be.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Wilkie Collins (1824–89) English Novelist, Playwright, Short-story Writer
- George Meredith British Novelist, Poet
- Thomas Hardy English Novelist, Poet
- Lord Byron (George Gordon Byron) English Romantic Poet
- Hanif Kureishi British Novelist, Screenwriter
- John Galsworthy English Novelist, Playwright
- Frances Hodgson Burnett British Novelist, Playwright
- Stephen Fry English Actor, Writer
- Peter Medawar British Immunologist, Writer
- Charles Dickens English Novelist