An understanding of the Natural World and whats in it is a source of not only a great curiosity but great fulfillment.
I’m no longer sceptical. I no longer have any doubt at all. I think climate change is the major challenge facing the world.
People are not going to care about animal conservation unless they think that animals are worthwhile.
But although denying that we have a special position in the natural world might seem becomingly modest in the eye of eternity, it might also be used as an excuse for evading our responsibilities. The fact is that no species has ever had such wholesale control over everything on earth, living or dead, as we now have. That lays upon us, whether we like it or not, an awesome responsibility. In our hands now lies not only our own future, but that of all living creatures with whom we share the earth.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Richard Eyre British Director
- Anthony Hopkins Welsh-American Actor
- David Hockney British Artist
- Arthur C. Clarke English Science-fiction Writer
- Peter Medawar British Immunologist, Writer
- Arthur Eddington English Astronomer
- Roger Bannister British Athlete, Neurologist
- Isaiah Berlin British Philosopher, Historian
- Daniel Day-Lewis English Actor
- Charles Darwin British Naturalist