The effect of having other interests beyond those domestic works well. The more one does and sees and feels, the more one is able to do, and the more genuine may be one’s appreciation of fundamental things like home, and love, and understanding companionship.
Courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace.
The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things;
Knows not the livid loneliness of fear;
Nor mountain heights where bitter joy can hear
The sound of wings.
Topics: Courage, Bravery
Of course I realized there was a measure of danger. Obviously I faced the possibility of not returning when I first considered going. Once faced and settled there really wasn’t any good reason to refer to it again.
Women must pay for everything. They do get more glory than men for comparable feats, But, they also get more notoriety when they crash.
Adventure is worthwhile.
You haven’t seen a tree until you’ve seen its shadow from the sky.
Adventure is worthwhile in itself.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Charles Lindbergh American Aviator, Conservationist
- Anne Morrow Lindbergh American Author, Aviator
- Richard Evelyn Byrd American Aviator
- Beryl Markham British-born Kenyan Aviator
- Chuck Yeager American Aviator
- Angelina Jolie American Actor
- Richard Bach American Novelist
- Henri Fabre French Aviator
- Jimmy Buffett American Singer-Songwriter
- E. W. Howe American Novelist