The theory that can absorb the greatest number of facts, and persist in doing so, generation after generation through all changes of opinion and detail, is the one that must rule all observation.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- James Freeman Clarke American Unitarian Clergyman
- Ralph Waldo Emerson American Philosopher
- Henry David Thoreau American Philosopher
- Edward Everett Hale American Unitarian Clergyman
- Ram Dass American Hindu New Age Pioneer
- Robert Fulghum American Unitarian Universalist Author
- William Lyon Phelps American Author
- James Agee American Man of Letters
- Caroline Kennedy American Attorney, Diplomat
- Rebecca West English Author